I got tagged by Becca over at the Inside Cover. Here are the rules:
1. Write about 5 specific ways blogging has affected you, either positively or negatively.
2. Link back to the person who tagged you (and leave a comment on his/her blog after you do the tag).
3. Link back to this parent post.
4. Tag a few friends or five, or none at all (and inform them about it).
5. Post these rules— or just have fun breaking them.
I have actually been thinking about this topic a lot lately. Warning: my answers may venture into the cheesy. Here we go:
1. Having a blog helped me fulfill a childhood dream. When I was younger, there were two jobs I remember wanting: (1) President and (2) Writer. When I was in college, I ran for class president and won. For now, I consider that job finished. As for being a writer, I got some bad grades in English and writing classes. For awhile all of my writing was done in journals; when I received this blog as a birthday present, I felt like my voice was given back to me.
2. I constantly have a running list of ideas for blog posts; however, I still have writer's block when I face the screen.
3. My friends are in two main groups: those who know and read the blog and those who do not.
4. I added book and movie review sections. All of a sudden, I feel like I have an entire online universe and not just a single site.
5. Most of all, I feel like my blog lead me to the love of my life. If I did not have the blog to document my dating adventures, I may not have ventured out at all. Writing here about what I wanted in a partner and out of life in general, helped me figure out how to make it happen. Now, I am entering a new phase of my life. I wonder how the blog will continue to evolve as a site and to evolve me as a person.
** If you are reading this, feel free to participate. You can do so either on your site or in the comments. If you do not have a blog, you can talk about how reading blogs has affected you. *****