Seems silly to finish up the assessment of how I did on my resolutions from last year and planning for 2014, but I can resist the desire for a bit of closure. Plus, I may actually have some things about which to brag.
In 2013, I resolved to do the following:
- Read at least 15 books (one more than last year). Maybe I will find more books that are easy to read in short increments. (I wrote a post about that here)
- Complete at least one reading challenge for which I will sign up
- Post at least (an average) of four times a month on the thought page of my blog. I love this space and I need to show up with more than just longing, so I am going to aim for about once a week.
- Make at least one home cooked meal a week (on average).
For reading, I actually surpassed my goal by quite a lot. I finished 24 books most of which were quite good; you can find the list and reviews here. I also completed the 2013 South Asian Reading Challenge which was actually fun and I enjoyed all the books I read for it. You can see all the reading challenges I attempted (and am going to continue in 2014) here. My blogging goal fell short as I averaged posting about three times a month. For cooking, I lost track and so do not know if I completed this goal or not.
My 2014 resolutions are pretty similar to 2013:
- Read at least 25 books (gulp!) this is one more than last year, but the number seems intimidating.
- Complete at least two reading challenges for which I will sign up
- Post at least (on average) four times a month. I am off to a slow start, but hoping to post more in the coming months.