February 1, 2010 - January 31, 2011
I am in the mode of signing up for the challenges for 2010.
Definition of a Chunkster:
- A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) ... A chunkster should be a challenge.
- If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more ... The average large type book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.
- No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn't seem right. Words on paper for this one folks.
- No e-Books allowed - we are reading traditional, fat books for this challenge.
- Short Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.
- Books may crossover with other challenges
- Anyone may join. If you don't have a blog, just leave me a comment on this post with your progress (and to let me know you are playing)
- You don't need to list your books ahead of time.
- Once you pick a level, that's it...you're committed to that level!
You must pick a level of participation (thanks again to Dana for the humor in these categories!):
- The Chubby Chunkster - this option is for the reader who has a couple of large tomes on their TBR list, but really doesn't want to commit to much more than that. 3 books is all you need to finish this challenge.
- Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big? - this option is for the slightly heavier reader who wants to commit to 4 Chunksters over the next twelve months.
- Mor-book-ly Obese - This is for the truly out of control chunkster. For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or more chunksters OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings.
I am signing up for level one of participation. Hopefully, I will be able to complete three books for the challenge. Here are the books that I read for the challenge:
1. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Finished in January 2010; my review is here. Just realized that this challenge does not start until Febrauary 1st. I cannot believe I finished a book early!
** I am pleasantly surprised that I exceeded my expectations for how many Chunksters I could complete. I ended up completed four in the allocated time putting me in the middle level of Do These Books Make my Butt Look Big. My favorite books out of all of these were Blind Assassin and The Book Thief; although, all were really engaging. I am excited for next year!**