I got this from Lorette‘s blog and couldn’t resist adopting it for all of you.
1. Favorite childhood book?
Pippi Longstocking and the Nancy Drew series
2. What are you reading right now?
The Geometry of God and Home Town
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
4. Bad book habit?
Getting antsy or worried and scanning ahead to make sure everything turns out "okay." << I am trying to break that habit.
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
Geometry of God, Hometown, Chess Garden, and Coop.
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
Usually one at a time, but sometimes I go for two at a time.
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
I now have some worry about what I will write in my review and whether a particular selection will fulfill challenge requirements if I am going behind.
9. Least favorite book you read this year (so far?)
Even though I have not finished it, I am not liking Home Town very much at all.
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood.
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
Lately, it has been pretty frequent because of my membership in various book clubs.
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
stories with strong female leads and confrontation of societal problems.
13. Can you read on the bus?
14. Favorite place to read?
In a comfortable chair with a cold beverage nearby.
15. What is your policy on book lending?
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
I do write in textbooks
19. What is your favorite language to read in?
English, but I would like to get better at reading in Spanish.
20. What makes you love a book?
Good characters and great stories.
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
If I love it and believe someone else will enjoy it as well.
22. Favorite genre?
Hmmm... I think international fiction
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did?)
non-fiction on different topics like economics, banking, etc.
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favorite cookbook?
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
I love you but I am leaving you anyway, great story of redemption
28. Favorite reading snack?
Popcorn or cookies
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
About 3/4 of the times.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
Uncomfortable and guilty
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Hindi or Spanish
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
Midnight's Children and 100 Years of Solitude
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Pillars of Earth
35. Favorite Poet?
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
37. How often have you returned book to the library unread?
38. Favorite fictional character?
Leah from Poisonwood Bible
39. Favorite fictional villain?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
whatever is the latest selection for book club
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Committed by elizabeth gilbert
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
harry potter movies
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
about a quarter of the way through
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
other committments or terrible story
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
52. Name a book that made you angry.
eat, pray, love
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
the harry potter series
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
eat, pray, love
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
real simple magazine