I finished my second challenge for 2008. The challenge blog which includes participants and reviews can be found here. The Challenge: Choose one book from each of the following categories.
1. A book with a color in its title.
2. A book with an animal in its title.
3. A book with a first name in its title.
4. A book with a place in its title.
5. A book with a weather event in its title.
6. A book with a plant in its title.
Here are my selections:
- 1. Color: My Life in Orange by Tim Guest. I decided to swap in of White Oleander by Janet Finch. You can find my review here.
- 2. Animal: Wind Up Bird Chronicleby Haruki Murakami. I would not have guessed that the first book I finished for this challenge would be the one about an animal. You can read my review here.
- 3. Name: Ali and Nino by Kurban Said. I decided to swap in St. Lucy's Home for Girls Raised by Wolves by Karen Russell. My review is here.
- 4. Weather: The Perfect Stormby Sebastian Junger. I decided to swap in House of Sand and Fogby Andre Dubus III. My review is here.
- 5. Place: Pilgrimage to India by Pramila Jayapala I decided to swap in My War: Killing Timein Iraq by Colby Buzzell. My review is here.
- 6. Plant: Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant by Jenni Ferrari-Adler. This book was so nice to read.I moved from animals to plants. You can read my review here.
Looks like I had a trouble sticking to my original list! I am glad that I was flexible with my reading choices. If I had to pick a favorite, I would go with either Wind Up Bird Chronicle or Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant. All of the authors were new to me. I am looking forward in participating in this challenge again next year!