This week's theme for Weekly Geeks is to write about our fond memories of childhood books. I decided to make up a meme. If you are so included, please feel free to leave your responses in the comments or a link to a post on your own blog. You can also add additional questions or edit your responses as you like.
1. What is the earliest book you remember loving?
2. When you were younger, which book characters did you want to be in your circle of friends?
I had several--- Nancy Drew, Harriet the Spy, Ramona, the character from the Great Brian, any of the kids in Enid Blyton books.
3. What books do you have nostalgia for as an adult?
In middle and high school, I got addicted to the Sweet Valley series and when I am craving something trashy, I think about picking up one of those.
4. What books do you wish to share with the kids in your life?
With the exception of those mention in #3, all of the above!
5. More philosophical question--- how do you think your childhood reading shaped what you like to read as an adult?
From a young age, I liked characters who questioned things and tried to create their own identity. I am still strong to stories with strong leads that have integrity.